The Secret of the Incas starring Charlton Heston adventure movie that inspired Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Secret of the Incas stars Charlton Heston as an adventurer who searches for hidden treasure in the Peruvian jungles. This is the movie that inspired Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Charlton Heston stars as Harry Steele, an American treasure hunter moonlighting as a tour guide in the jungles of Peru. He is on a quest to discover the Sunburst, an ancient Incan treasure that has the power to build and destroy civilizations.
Shot on location at Machu Picchu in Peru, the film is often credited as the inspiration for Raiders of the Lost Ark. Starring Charlton Heston, Robert Young & Nicole Maurey.
While the film has a few plot holes and lacks the kinetic action of the Indiana Jones series, it is still a treat to watch because it really shows the roots of the Indiana Jones character. Harry Steele looks just like him, wearing a brown, felt fedora, leather jacket, and khakis and lugging a revolver around. Steele is a two-fisted, tough-talking, man’s man with a lantern jaw covered in stubble, much like Indy himself. Also, like Indy, Steele is looking for fortune and glory at all costs.
“Secret of the Incas” was the final theatrical film of veteran actor Robert Young, who thereafter moved exclusively into television, where he enjoyed a highly successful career for over 30 years.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray
- NEW Audio commentary by film historian Phillipa Berry
- NEW Interview with Chris Poggiali on the Influence of Raiders of The Lost Ark
- Lux Radio Theater version of Secret of the Incas with Charlton Heston and Nicole Maurey (1954)
- Aspect Ratio 1.78:1 Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono Optional English HOH subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1000 copies with unique artwork